The decision to hire a professional genealogist need not be difficult. This article briefly describes the reasons for hiring and expert as well as the benefits.
Reasons to Hire a Professional Genealogist
Typically, you will benefit most from hiring a professional if you encounter one or more of the following situations:
- Encounter a difficult stumbling block that requires another point of view
- Find a family mystery that needs solving
- Hit a brick wall in your research
- Need help researching your family tree due to a lack of time, knowledge, or skill
- Want to locate an obituary for a deceased family member
- Require access to distant archives
- Desire to join an ancestral membership organization such as the Sons or Daughters of the American Revolution
- Have research requiring fluency in a foreign language or culture
- Have complex multiyear research projects
- We customize our research services to fit your specific needs. If you lack time, knowledge, tools, expertise, or access to records, you will benefit from engaging the services of our professional genealogists.
Advantages of Genealogists.com
Genealogists.com is a worldwide family history research firm with over 300 professional genealogists working in over 600 archives and locations around the world. Together we are reshaping the family history industry by providing easy access to local archives and establishing new norms for how research is performed.Our genealogists have thousands of years of combined genealogy research experience. We know where and how to research effectively.
Prices are dependent on your research needs. We do not charge per hour, but rather per project based on your objectives. Initial consultation is always FREE. Contact us for a quote!
While some genealogist firms offer only large projects, we are available to do research projects of many sizes and for many budgets. We customize the amount of research we provide according to your needs.
You may enjoy reading the following two articles provide some additional information to consider when hiring a professional genealogist:
Jim Heddell, © 2014, Genealogists.com. All rights reserved