Genealogists.com is seeking experienced writers and editors. These are long-term contract positions that can be done from home. Genealogists.com is the largest family history research firm. We are revolutionizing the way family history research is performed by establishing a network of more than 1,000 professional genealogists, historians, DNA experts, university professors, scholars, and archivists working worldwide.
You will research, write, and edit several articles or blog posts each week to help educate our current and potential clients about family history. You may also create and edit research reports.
- Superb writing and editing skills
- Strong research skills, ideally in the area of family history
- As a report writer, possess the ability to take notes from a researcher and create a quality research report that complies with Genealogists.com style
- Writes compelling content topics to engage our audience
- Creates a cohesive content strategy to drive engagement
- Writes clearly with a conversational style
- Easily distills relevant points of information from a variety of resources
- Enjoys interviewing clients and other knowledgeable industry leaders as sources
- Well organized with great attention to detail
- Effectively manages time and multiple tasks, as needed
- Excellent communication skills, including exceptional follow through
- Enthusiastic attitude and drive to personally contribute to company growth
- Works independently, but also enjoys being a key member of a team