Official Sweepstakes Rules:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN
A purchase does not increase the chance of winning.
One DNA Analysis each month for the next 6 months beginning in March 2017 and continuing through August 2017 provided and paid for by Genealogists.com (“Sponsor”);a total value of $140 USD each, one for each of six winners. No cash or other prize substitution is permitted except at Sponsor’s discretion. These prizes are nontransferable except at Sponsor’s discretion (winner may provide the test results for any family member. These results may be from 23AndMe, MyHeritage, or AncestryDNA). Any and all prize related expenses, including without limitation any and all taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner.
To enter the process, complete the request form at: https://www.trace.com/genealogists/sweepstakes-entry. Participants may enter any time during the Promotion Period from March 1 2017 and August 30 2017.
Alternate means of entry:
Mail a 4″ x 6″ card with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- Your mailing address
- Valid email address (if you do not have an email address, write “no email address”)
- Valid telephone number
- The words “#genealogistsdna”
Mail entry to:
All entries are the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged nor returned.
Terms and Conditions
1. By submitting an entry, you fully and unconditionally agree to and accept these Official Rules.
2. Prize specifications. The prize winners (or their legal guardians) must agree to Sponsor’s Terms and Conditions , including submitting DNA test results and accepting the possibility of surprise outcomes. Prize winner agrees to submit a photo of himself/herself for Sponsor’s use. They also agree to allow Sponsor to use the test results or other outcomes for marketing and training purposes (names will be removed or changed).
3. Sweepstakes is subject to any local, state, or federal governmental approval that may be required. Sponsor reserves the right to, without prior notice and at any time, terminate the Sweepstakes, in whole or in part, or modify Sweepstakes in any way, should any factor interfere with its proper conduct as contemplated by these Official Rules.
4. Eligibility. Must be of legal age to enter according to local, state, or federal government regulations. Sponsor, its agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors and their children, parents, spouse, and members of their household are ineligible to participate. No purchase is necessary. Any purchase does not enhance your chance of winning.
5. Effective date of entries. Entries made online will be effective on the day received. Entries submitted by mail will be effective on the date Sponsor receives and processes the entry. All entries become the exclusive property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. You are responsible for your costs of entering, including any access charges, long distance telephone charges, and postage.
6. Selection of winners. Winners will be determined by random drawing each month from all eligible entries received. Drawings will be held as soon as commercially reasonable. Winners must agree to the use of their names for the purpose of advertising, trade, or promotion without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
7. Notification of winners. All decisions are final and binding. Sweepstakes winner will be notified through email, phone, or mail as necessary. A message will be sent to the winner within one week after the drawing. A follow-up message will be sent 2-3 days later if necessary. Winners must contact the Sponsor within 7 calendar days from the date the notification is sent by Sponsor to claim their prize. Failure to contact Sponsor within that 7 day period will result in immediate disqualification of the selected entrant. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify winners.
8. Odds of winning. The odds of winning any drawing is determined based on the number of eligible entries received.
9. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the email account.
10. Other conditions. Sponsor, its agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors are not responsible for and will not be liable for (I) late, lost, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, unintelligible or postage due entries; (II) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures or difficulties of any kind; (III) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (IV) any condition caused by events beyond the control of Sponsor that may cause Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted; (V) any injuries, losses or damages of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of the Sweepstakes, or from participation in the Cweepstakes; or (VI) any printing or typographical error in any material associated with the Swepstakes.
11. Indemnification. You agree to release and hold Sponsor, its agents and representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies and legal advisors harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes, including without limitation, personal injury, death and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy.
12. Choice of law. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of you and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the substantive laws of the State of North Carolina, US.