- Diocese Archives (Iera Mitropolis)
Greek Orthodox church records of marriages are kept in the offices of bishops (episkopi)
- National Library of Greece
Contains 4,500 Greek manuscripts, which is one of the greatest collections of Greek scripts in the world. Also has many chrysobulls and archives of the Greek Revolution.
Our professional researchers can do research projects of many sizes and for many budgets. We customize the amount of research provided according to your needs.
If you would like to learn how our genealogists can further your research, request a research quote.
Some of the major records sources that can be used for genealogy research in Greece include:
- Birth, marriage, and death records were kept by local priests prior to 1925
- Birth, marriage, and death records have been recorded by the government from 1925 to the present
- Census records
- Notaries kept dowry contracts (proikoa), wills (diathiki), and land transfer contracts
- Published genealogical periodicals
- Matriculation records
- Tax records