- British Library
One of the two largest libraries in the world (other is Library of Congress). Contains 150 million items, including 14 million books, manuscripts and historical items dating back to2000 BC, journals, newspapers, magazines, sound and music recordings, videos, play-scripts, patents, databases, maps, stamps, prints
We also have London genealogists. We have local researchers in all of the counties in England including Bristol County, Cornwall County, Devon County, Essex County, Kent County, Lancashire County, and Somerset County.
Our professional researchers can do research projects of many sizes and for many budgets. We customize the amount of research provided according to your needs.
If you want to know more about how our genealogists can further your research, you can request a research quote.
The following are some of the major records sources that can be used for genealogy research in England:
- Births, marriages, and deaths (1538-present)
- Civil registration of births, marriages and deaths in England (1837-present)
- A census was conducted every 10 years since 1801, except for 1941 due to WWII
- Baptisms and christenings (1761-present)
- Church of England baptisms (1538-prsent, marriages (1200s-present), and deaths and burials (1538-present)
- Wills and probates (1440-present)
- Land tax assessments (1600s-present)
- Service and pension records (1700s-present)
- Ship passenger lists